Upon successful application, please complete the following steps to enrol.
The enrolment period for Winter 2021 is Monday 19 to Friday 30 April 2021.
You can only enrol between these dates.
Download the handy Enrolment Checklist (pdf, 165KB)
1. Enrol in your subjects with the LPAB
Enrol with the Legal Profession Admission Board in your subjects via the LPAB online portal and pay your course fees.
2. Register in your subjects with the LEC
Register with the Law Extension Committee via the LEC online registration portal.
Download Step by Step Instructions W21 (pdf, 228KB) on how to complete steps 2, 4 and 5.
NEW STUDENTS will also need to complete the following steps (if they have not already done so)
3. Send in a student/library card photo
- good quality, colour gloss prints, less than six months old
- clear, focused image with no marks or ‘red eye’
- plain white or light grey background that contrasts with your face
- uniform lighting (no shadows or reflections) with appropriate brightness and contrast to show natural skin tone
- face looking directly at the camera and not tilted in any direction
- hair off the face so that the edges of the face are visible
- eyes open, mouth closed
4. Familiarise yourself with Canvas
Canvas is the University’s online learning platform, where you will find course information and resources.
Allow one business day after your LEC registration, then take the opportunity to log in and familiarise yourself with the platform.
If you are new to Canvas, you will need to set up a password by clicking on “Request a Password”. Your log in will be your LPAB student number.
5. Obtain your UniKey
Your UniKey is a unique ID and password that will give you access to systems and resources at the University. It will have the format: abcd1234.
New students will be able to create a UniKey.
6. Attend Orientation
Orientation for all new students is Saturday 8 and Sunday 9 May 2021.
Legal Institutions students then attend additional Introductory Weekend seminars on Saturday 22 and Sunday 23 May 2021.
Further information is available in the Orientation course in Canvas.