Upon successful application, please complete the following steps to enrol.
The enrolment period for Winter 2022 is Tuesday 19 to Friday 29 April 2022.
You can only enrol between these dates.
Download the handy Enrolment Checklist (pdf, 167KB)
You should check semester timetables on the Current Students page before you enrol to avoid lecture or exam clashes.
1. Enrol in your subjects with the LPAB
Enrol with the Legal Profession Admission Board in your subjects via the LPAB online portal and pay your course fees.
2. Register in your subjects with the LEC
Register with the Law Extension Committee via the LEC online registration portal.
Download Step by Step Online Registration & Unikey Guide (pdf, 231KB) on how to complete steps 2, 4 and 5.
NEW STUDENTS will also need to complete the following additional steps – further information about these steps will be sent to you in early April.
3. Send in a student/library card photo
- good quality, colour gloss prints, less than six months old
- clear, focused image with no marks or ‘red eye’
- plain white or light grey background that contrasts with your face
- uniform lighting (no shadows or reflections) with appropriate brightness and contrast to show natural skin tone
- face looking directly at the camera and not tilted in any direction
- hair off the face so that the edges of the face are visible
- eyes open, mouth closed
4. Familiarise yourself with Canvas
Canvas is the University’s online learning platform, where you will find course information and resources.
If you are new to Canvas, you will need to set up a password by clicking on “Request a Password”. Your log in will be your LPAB student number.
5. Obtain your UniKey
Your UniKey is a unique ID and password that will give you access to systems and resources at the University. It will have the format: abcd1234.
New students will be able to create a UniKey.
6. Attend Orientation
Orientation for all new students is Saturday 7 and Sunday 8 May 2022.
Legal Institutions students then attend additional Introductory Weekend seminars on Saturday 21 and Sunday 22 May 2022.
Orientation will be held on The University of Sydney’s main campus at Camperdown.
Further information is available in the Orientation course in Canvas.